Thanksgiving was survived. Two small turkeys sacrificed. It was a good day.
Now it is Black Friday. I think retailers call it Black Friday because it is intended to put their books into the black for the year. They will be sadly disappointed if they were expecting to get me to participate and contribute to their corporate bonuses.
However, the name Black Friday could have a great impact on sales for retailers if they would just expand on it a little bit. They should make it a week long event and be able to target specific ethnic groups each day in order to maximize sales. Breaking it down it would look like this.
1. Black Friday. A day for the African-American populace to shop.
2. Southwest Saturday. For our Latino Friends.
3. Sand Dune Sunday. For the shoppers of Middle Eastern Descent.
4. Mixed up Monday . For those of mixed heritage not sure of where they fit.
5. Taiwan Tuesday. For the Asian population to be able to get their holiday gifts.
6. White Bread Wednesday. For the Less Colorful shoppers.
7. Thunderbird Thursday. For the Native American crowd.
And as a bonus day............
8. Effed up Friday, For the less fortunate, handicapped and mentally disabled shoppers.
By doing this, the retailers would be able to target specific Ethnic groups and be able to sell all the crap that they haven't been able to move since last year. This would eliminate the hassles of trying to target all groups on one day.
Just a thought.